Remedial Massage Therapist
Merryn draws on a range of assessment techniques and massage modalities to develop and implement a tailored treatment to help you achieve your therapeutic goals.
As an active mum of two teenagers, Merryn understands the impact our hectic lifestyles have on us, and sees massage as a means to give back to our bodies; balancing out the demands that work, sport, study, family and life in general place on it.
With over 9 years remedial massage experience, Merryn is passionate about continually adding to her anatomy knowledge and massage skillset. In addition to a Diploma in remedial massage, Merryn has also completed courses on:
- MyoFascial Release and Deep Tissue training
- IASTM – Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation techniques
- Kinesiology Taping (RockTape)
- Dry Needling
- Infant Massage
Merryn is a big believer in taking a wholistic approach, and is happy to work with your other medical and allied health practitioners to ensure your overall treatment plan is synergised so you get the best results (after all our bodies are not solely made up of muscle and soft tissue, but bones, nerves, blood etc and our health solutions often need to reflect this).
Having played sport most of her life (and incurring her fair share of injuries), as well as experiencing postural issues from desk work, repetitive activities, and caring for kids (it’s hard work on the bod!), Merryn has benefited from massage herself. She looks to help others through the relief and balance massage can bring.
Merryn is also an accredited CrossFit Level 1 and CrossFit Kids Trainer, and when working out herself or coaching others she draws on her remedial massage background to ensure good functional form and muscular health.
- Diploma Remedial Massage
- Health Fund and HICAPS recognised provider
- Provide First Aid certificate
- Working with Children clearance
- National Crime Check clearance
- Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA) member
- Complementary Medicine Practitioner Associations Council (CMPAC) registered practitioner
- Australian National Register of Accredited Natural Therapists (ANRANT) registered practitioner